You are here > Home > Link Policy + Disclaimer
Purpose: Provides guidelines for web site links on the City of Woodinville ’s Official web page.
Goal: To allow, to the extent possible provided by law, the ability for the City of Woodinville to link to the websites of approved community partners, sponsors, and non-profit organizations.
Scope: This policy applies to Official Website for the City of Woodinville ( http://www.ci.woodinville.wa.us) and future domain names and those eligible external entities that desire a link from the City’s site.
“Web Administrator” means the Communications Coordinator or Assistant to the City Manager or designee.
“URL” uniform resource locator means the address of a resource, or file, available on the Internet.
“Approved Community Partner” means a company, individual, group or association that provides an in-kind donation, accepted by the City, that directly supports a City program, service or event.
“Approved Corporate Sponsor” means a company, individual, group or association that provides financial support, accepted by the City, that directly supports a City program, service or event.
“Collaborative non-profit organization” means a group that provides an approved service, accepted by the City, for either/both the City of Woodinville and/or the citizens of Woodinville.
“Top Tier sponsorship” means the highest levels of sponsorship (major sponsorship) for city events. Level of sponsorship varies for city events including, but not limited to, Cityhood Celebration, Woodinville Summer Concert Series and Woodinville Light Festival
Cityhood Celebration/Community Art Show top-tiered (major) sponsorships include Art Show Title Sponsor and Entertainment Sponsor.
Fourth of July Event top tiered (major) sponsorships include Title and Site sponsors and corporate financial contributions and in-kind services contributions greater than $4,000 in value.
Summer Concert Series top tier (major) sponsorships include Title Sponsor and Entertainment sponsorships greater than $2,500 in value.
Woodinville Light Festival top tier (major) sponsorships include Title, Display and Entertainment sponsorships greater than $2,500 in value.
- The City of Woodinville ’s official public website ( http://www.ci.woodinville.wa.us) provides residents and interested parties access to information about Woodinville government, departments, services, programs, events, activities and general community information.
- The City’s website provides external links to assist site visitors in finding complete information about Woodinville.
- Links on the City’s website are provided solely as a convenience for users of the site. Links to other sites must generally support the vision and mission of the City of Woodinville .
- The City does not require reciprocal links. However, Internet etiquette encourages such reciprocal linking.
- Communications sent via the Internet, or through the City’s Web page, shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City of Woodinville or any of its officers, agents, or employees, where notice to the City is required by any law, rule, regulation, or contract.
- Public, private, and non-profit organizations must obtain City approval to establish a link from the City of Woodinville website.
- Organizations wishing to establish external links on the City’s public website must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Other governments, special purpose districts, hospitals and public educational institutions in the State of Washington , including individual school web sites.
- Human Services Organizations that receive direct financial support from the City of Woodinville via contracted services.
- Businesses within the Tourist District Overlay (see City Zoning Map ) whose business consists of one or more of the uses set forth in WMC 21.38.065(2)
- Providers of search engines for the City of Woodinville web site.
- Community partners or collaborative non-profit organizations actively participating in one or more public service programs such as those that support human services. Examples may include: literacy, domestic violence prevention, and emergency shelter services.
- Approved sponsor(s) of one or more official City event(s). Access is subject to terms of sponsorship level but generally applies to “top tier” sponsorship.
- Corporate logos may appear on the City’s website if page design and layout allow for it, at the discretion of the Web Admin istrator.
- Corporate logos may appear on the City’s website upon the execution of a Sponsorship Agreement which shall contain language regarding corporate logo posting.
- The location of any link established within the site will
be entirely at the discretion of the City of Woodinville Web Administrator
and will be established in the most appropriate section of the site.
The City expressly reserves the right to terminate or otherwise discontinue
any such link at anytime. Nothing herein shall be construed as creating
a public forum, or as establishing any right to begin or continue posting
any information or link on the City’s website.
- The City reserves the right to limit the duration of qualified links, particularly for approved corporate sponsors, approved community partners, and collaborative non-profit organizations.
- Links from the Index (home) page of the City Web site will not generally be established.
- Links may be requested by e-mail to the Web Admin istrator (email@example.com). The request should describe the services provided by the requesting site, along with the required URL.
- The request shall be reviewed against the criteria described in this administrative policy as to the approval or denial of the request. The Web Admin istrator will notify the requesting organization as to the approval or denial of the request.
- Any individual, company, group or organization may appeal the Web Admin istrator’s denial of a request for a link pursuant to this policy. Appeals must be in writing, must be signed by the aggrieved appellant, must explain why the Web Admin istrator’s denial was allegedly erroneous, and must be received by the City Clerk’s Office no later than fourteen (14) days after issuance of the Web Admin istrator’s decision. Appeals will be promptly forwarded by the City Clerk to the City Manager who, in his/her sole discretion, will issue a written decision within 30 days either affirming or reversing the Web Admin istrator’s denial. FAILURE TO STRICTLY FOLLOW THESE PROCEDURES SHALL WAIVE ANY RIGHT OF APPEAL.
Portions of information obtained from p ages within the City’s Web site including, but not limited to the Woodinville Zoning Code, may be incorrect or outdated. Any person who relies on any such information does so at his or her own risk. In no event will the City of Woodinville be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages, however they may arise, resulting from the reliance of any person or entity upon such information, even if the City has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The City of Woodinville reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without obligation, to make amendments to or correct any error or omissions in any portion of these materials at any time.
Please contact the City of Woodinville at 425.489.2700 to verify the accuracy of data and information contained in this site.
Contact: Zach Schmitz
Page last modified:
May 13, 2010