print this page   advanced search
header right
top of navigation

generic picture illustrating page content
main image shadow
page header image of woodinville for use when printing

dotted line Public Works Department

Public Works Department

Counter Hours
Mon - Thur: 7:30 to 5:00
Friday        7:30  to 4:00

To request a public works maintenance service:
submit a Customer Service Request
or call 425.877.2274

Engineering / Transportation Management Division

  • Project design, construction, maintenance and operation of street and storm drainage system.
  • Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) development, public outreach and project management
  • Capital construction projects
  • Develop/amend transportation associated codes and regulations
  • Transportation funding
  • Franchise Agreements
  • Solid Waste
  • Special Projects

      City Contact: Rick Roberts, Public Works Director, 425.877.2294

  • Ensure private development proposals meet transportation and drainage requirements
  • Traffic Impact Fee administration
  • Neighborhood safety program including the Speed Awareness Monitor (SAM) unit.
  • View the Woodinville Infrastructure Design Standards and Specifications (WIDSS) on the Standards Page

      City Contact: Rick Roberts, Public Works Director, 425.877.2294

      City Contact: Chuck Kaufman, Engineering Technician 425.877.2263

Operations & Maintenance

  • Street Maintenance - Signing and Striping
  • Street Sweeping
  • Vegetation management in public right-of-way
  • Snow/ice road preparation and plowing
  • Traffic control at major accidents/incidents
  • Storm system maintenance
  • Planter watering
  • Pothole Repair
  • Street Lights
  • Traffic Signals

City Contact: Brian Meyer, Supervisor, 425-424-0682

Surface Water Management Division

  • Oversees maintenance and operation of street and storm drainage system.
  • Storm Water Quality
  • Develop/amend surface water associated codes and regulations

City Contact: Rick Roberts, Public Works Director, 425.877.2294

Other Services

  • Recycling education & special events 
  • Commute Trip Reduction Program

City Contact: Amy Ensminger, Administrative Assistant, 425.877.2274

Public Works Frequently Asked Questions

Does the City maintain railroad crossings in the City?
Railroad crossings are the property of the Port of Seattle and are not maintained by the City. Requests to repair or damage claims are to be filed with the Port.

How do I report a street light malfunction?
Street light problems may be reported several convenient ways. Problems may be reported directly to Intolight (Puget Sound Energy's lighting service) by calling toll free 1.888.CallPSE (1.888.225.5773), by visiting their website at, or by contacting Susan Pettengill at 425.462.3474. To help expedite your request, please have the pole tag number, the twelve-digit grid number, or as complete an address as possible so crews may locate the specific problem quickly. You may also contact the City's Public Works Maintenance Supervisor,

How do I report road hazards in the City after hours?
You may dial 911 and report the location and type of hazard. Be very specific on the type of hazard, the address or cross street location, and other details. The emergency service response will make the appropriate contacts.

What is a transportation model?
A transportation model is a computerized method of forecasting travel demand to predict changes in travel patterns and the utilization of the transportation system in response to changes in regional development, demographics, and transportation supply. The City uses the model to determine future transportation needs, impacts from proposed developments, and to review the effectiveness of proposed roadway improvements.

What is a Traffic Impact Analysis (TIA)?
A traffic impact analysis is an engineering study to determine traffic volumes generation, vehicle distribution, and potential impacts on the existing transportation system from new development. New developments, or changes to an existing facility, typically require a TIA. This information is used to review what impacts and potential roadway system improvements that may be needed to mitigate the developments impacts.

When is a developer traffic study required?
A traffic impact analysis for a private development is required when there is a new facility or a change in an existing facility.

What is a right-of-way?
Most streets are constructed on land dedicated to the public, with is referred to a public right of way. This land varies in width but is under the jurisdiction of a public agency and is designated only for the placement of public improvements and access. The improvements typically include road section, sidewalk, storm drainage, and utilities.


Page last modified: November 23, 2016

How do I background image
preload navigation image 1 but do not display preload navigation image 2 but do not display preload navigation image 3 but do not display preload navigation image 4 but do not display preload navigation image 5 but do not display preload navigation image 6 but do not display