Winter Weather News & Updates
The City of Woodinville has created a new online portal for Winter Weather News on Engage Woodinville. This page is a one-stop shop for news and updates about storm events impacting Woodinville, including snow, ice, power outages, flooding, and more.
Find helpful information such as:
- Tips and reminders on how to stay safe and prepare for winter weather
- Warnings about forecasted snow or ice in the Woodinville area
- How to report a storm related issue
- Answers to commonly asked questions about snow plowing and de-icing
- Updates on road conditions, closures, and more
Do not call 911 for road conditions!
The City of Woodinville has a full-time public works crew on staff that work around the clock during adverse weather conditions.
In the event of a snowstorm, the City will use its Snow and Ice Removal Route Map (PDF) as a guide for City snow removal efforts. There are four priority levels assigned to roads throughout the City to guide which streets to plow first. Those priorities include:
- Priority 1: Emergency service routes, which include routes needed by police, fire, and emergency response services
- Priority 2: Arterial roadways and routes to and from schools (when in session)
- Priority 3: Minor arterial routes
- Priority 4: Residential public streets
The City's resources (number of plows and staff) and the severity of the weather conditions will affect the City's ability to clear the streets.
Will My Street Get Plowed?
More than half of the Woodinville zip code (98072) is outside of City limits, either in unincorporated King County or Snohomish County. You may have a Woodinville mailing address while living outside of the Woodinville city limits. Check your residency to determine if you are within City limits.
City staff can only plow city streets. Contact your county road crew if you live outside of city limits and want to request snow plowing.
- How does the city prepare for snow and ice events? What happens when the snow starts falling?
- How does the City prioritize which streets to plow?
- Why hasn’t the City plowed my residential street yet? When can I expect the plow to come?
- The plow just came by my street, but it left a huge pile of snow right in front of my driveway! What should I do?
- Why doesn't the City plow the center of the road?
- I’m glad the city plows our streets, but what about sidewalks? I want to be able to walk around my neighborhood safely.
- What tips do you have for safe driving during snow storms?