Woodinville at a Glance
- City Statistics
- Corporate City Limits
- Land & Roadways
- Legislative Representation
- City Services
- Housing & Neighborhoods
- Education & Libraries
- Business Statistics
- City Population: 13,450 (2022 Population Estimate)
- Incorporation Date: March 31, 1993
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
- City Property Tax Rate: Total 2021 property tax rate is 10.87% for all taxing districts. The City's portion is 0.79% of that 10.87%.
- Full-Time Equivalent Employees: 49.2 (excludes police, fire, and water/sewer services) effective January 2022
The corporate city limits are generally described as the lands bounded:
- On the north by the Snohomish/King County line
- On the east by 170th Avenue Northeast north of Northeast Woodinville-Duvall Road and the Sammamish River
- On the south by our Tourist District and Northeast 145th Street (State Route 202)
- On the west by 124th Avenue Northeast
Latitude and longitude are as follows;
- Latitude: 47 degrees 45 minutes
- Longitude: 122 degrees 09 minutes
- City Geographical Area: 5.65 square miles
- Park Acreage: 100.84 acres
- Miles of Streets: 51.50
- State Highways in City Limits: State Route 202
The City of Woodinville directly provides a number of services for its citizens including:
- Code enforcement
- General administrative services
- Infrastructure construction and maintenance
- Street/storm water maintenance
The City contracts with the King County Sheriff's Office to provide police services for residents. Various contracts are maintained by the City providing a number of other services including municipal court, jail and detention, and animal control. Separate from the City, Woodinville citizens receive fire protection from the Woodinville Fire and Rescue District, water and sewer services from the Woodinville Water District, and solid waste & recycling services from Waste Management.
View some U.S. Census Housing Quick Facts. 2019 Estimates:
- Households: 5,094
- Persons per Household: 2.42
- Median Household Income: $106,145
- Median Home Value: $623,600
- Median Rent: $1,877
According to the City's Comprehensive Plan:
- Single-family residential units: 54%
- Multi-family residential units: 34%
- Townhouse/Mobile Home: 12%
- Owner-occupied: 73%
Woodinville's Comprehensive Plan identifies the following neighborhood areas (PDF):
- North Industrial
- West Wellington
- East Wellington
- Woodinville Heights
- Lower West Ridge
- Upper West Ridge
Many residential developments within these designated areas (i.e. Winchester Hills) are named during the land use and construction process. Some neighborhood developments were established prior to the City's incorporation in 1993. Many residential developments have a formal Home Owners Association. In some areas, neighbors have formed advocacy groups.
Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (CC&Rs) are restrictions governing the use of real estate and are enforced by a homeowner's association. The City does not enforce CC&Rs.
City residents are served by the Northshore School District, the tenth-largest school district in Washington State. Three public schools (Woodinville High School, Leota Middle School, and Wellington Elementary School) are located within Woodinville city limits, although nearby schools such as Woodmoor Elementary and Woodin Elementary also serve Woodinville residents.
- Public Schools within Woodinville
- Nearby Local Colleges
- Washington State Community and Technical Colleges
There are two public libraries operated by King County Library Services located just beyond Woodinville city limits.
Quick Business Facts
- Retail sales/use tax is 10.1% for most items. There is no state income tax.
- Annual business license required.
- Over 1,227 registered businesses within City limits.
- No Business and Occupation tax.
Largest Private Employers in the City
- Ste. Michelle Wine Estates Ltd: 336
- Precor, Inc.: 317
- Bensussen Deutch and Associates: 254
- Willows Lodge and Barking Frog: 220
- Target: 212
- Molbak's LLC: 150
(Information from 2020 City business license registrations, based on full and part-time employees)