- Your Government
- Development Services
- Apply for a Permit Online
Apply for a Permit Online
Development Services accepts most permit applications online through our online Permit Portal. Through the Permit Portal, you can submit applications and revisions, pay fees, schedule inspections, and track your project.
To use the online Permit Portal, you will need to first sign up for by creating a username and password. Once you have completed the sign up and established an account, you can start applying for permits online.
The following section includes guidance for submitting an online permit application using our Permit Portal.
- To start select “New” and from the dropdown box select one of the following:
- Building Permit
- Engineering Permit
- Fire Permit
- Planning Application (Trees & Special Events Permits)
- Temporary Sign
- Accept the General Disclaimer
- Click on the gray arrow and select type of permit from the dropdown box
Step 1: LOCATION>Location Information
- In the “Street No” box, ONLY type in the 5-digit house/building number and click on search.
- Auto fill should happen on the screen, or multiple addresses will appear. Select the correct address.
Step 2: CONTACTS>Contact Information
- Applicant, Select from Account
- Licensed Professional, click on “Look Up,” and in the “Name of Business” box, ONLY type the first 4 letters of the business name, click on “Look Up.” If the license professional is in our system, this information should auto fill or if multiple names appear, select the correct professional.
Step 3: APPLICATION>Application Information
- Information is provided by the applicant.
- Custom Fields with (*) must be filled in to proceed.
Step 4: DOCUMENTS>Document Upload
- Upload application material attachments. Please note that not all projects require plans or documents to be uploaded.
Step 5: Review
- Edit any section.
Step 6: Payment
- Pay amount due.
Step 7: Record Application
- Email notification has been sent to City