Most permits and right-of-way construction require an inspection by a Building Inspector, Civil Engineer, Fire Inspector or Planner.
To schedule an inspection, please select one of the following options:
- Go to the online Permit Portal.
- Enter your permit number in the Permit Portal search bar.*
- From the Record Info drop-down list, choose Inspections.
- Under Upcoming click the inspection type in the Action drop down list
- Click the Schedule button.
- Select an appointment date and time range by clicking a link on the Calendar.
- Select AM or PM if you have a morning or afternoon preference. Please note, inspectors attempt to meet as many preferences as possible, but time requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Enter any special instructions to the inspector in the Message to Inspector column.
- Click Submit Inspection Request.
*You must have an existing permit under review to schedule an inspection.
To schedule an inspection by phone, you must place a call by 3:00 PM the business day prior to desired inspection date.
Dial 425-489-2754 and press "1" for inspections. To expedite your appointment request, please provide the following information:
- Permit number
- Project address
- Contact phone number of person onsite for the inspection
- Type of inspection
- Desired date of inspection
- Indicate AM or PM preference
Important: Date and times for inspections are subject to availability. For questions about scheduling your inspection, call the Permit Center.
You may cancel your scheduled inspection(s) online any time before 6:00 am on the day of your scheduled inspection. To cancel online:
- Follow the instructions for Scheduling an Inspection Online listed above following steps 1 - 5.
- Click the Cancel button next to the inspection you want to cancel.
- Inspections not available for cancellation online will list a phone number to call instead.
Important: If you need to cancel your inspection after 6:00 am the day of your scheduled inspection, please call 425-489-2754. Failure to cancel your inspection may result in additional charges.