Several Woodinville roadways will undergo construction to replace damaged and worn areas of pavement. While the end result of having freshly paved roads is something that many people can appreciate, the construction phase of a pavement overlay project can pose challenges for the community.
Here is what you can expect while the project is underway:
- Estimated construction timeline: May – August 2023
- Estimated work hours: 7:00AM – 5:00PM
- The 2023 Pavement Overlay project includes the northwest portion of the Wedge neighborhood area, NE 175th Street between 131st Avenue NE and 133rd Avenue NE, and 135th Avenue between NE 175th Street and NE 173rd Street.
Expected disruptions will include:
- Reduced street parking at times due to construction activities and equipment staging.
- Impacts to the following streets within northwest Wedge neighborhood area: NE 203rd Place, 131st Court NE, NE 202nd PL & 131st PL NE, 130th Court NE, 132nd Avenue & 131st PL NE, NE 198th Court, 130th PL NE & NE 196th Place, NE 197th Place, and NE 198th Place.
- Periodic closure and detour of pedestrian routes and traffic lanes.
If you have any questions or concerns about the 2023 Pavement Overly project, please reach out to Dan Beck, Senior Engineer: DanielB@ci.woodinville.wa.us or (425)877-2295.
May 11, 2023 Update
Work has begun on preparing the 175th portion of the project including the removal of sidewalks and curbing. Picture of the prep work have been added to the slideshow below! The upcoming schedule is as followings:
Next Week (5/15 through 5/19)
5/16 thru 5/18 - Contractor will begin installing concrete forms and concrete pours are scheduled to begin Tuesday on NE 175th ST & 132nd AVE NE, along 135th AVE NE.
5/15 thru 5/19 - Contractor will be performing concrete demo and concrete pours will follow in the northwest Wedge neighborhood.
Following Week (5/22 through 5/26)
Concrete demo and pours in the residential northwest Wedge neighborhood will continue.